Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went riding in wallace, idaho on new years eve. in wallace you can ride sleds in the city, everyone has one sitting right in their front yard, we rode at placer creek. left at 545, got to wallace around 830. saw trailers getting gas in town, but we were first at parking. and were alone for a good hour. beautiful snow, great day, not a cloud.

this was the first time i had riden there, but my dad has ridden the area for 20+ years and is amazed how things have changed. listening to his stories of making it up these mountains with 1" lug tracks is classic. great bonding with my dad.

at placer creek you also have access to ride along the hiawatha trail. we rode through 2 tunnels but stopped at the third because it was a quarter of a mile long, and a 25 foot icycle was hanging right in the middle. death trap anybody? so i climbed to the top of the tunnel and snapped a photo.

[attachment=55772]
little area to just have some fun. good little jump right there too.

[attachment=55773]
came around on a corner on the trail and an open hill was just waiting. so my dad punched it. i shut off my sled and knew he was gonna roll it or trench it. a whole lot steeper than it looked. he didn't get far with a 700rmk 136" x 2" track. haha. after a good 30 minutes of digging and pulling, we barely got it out. i slid down on my butt after hiking all the way up there too! haha. that was fun.

[attachment=55774]
looking toward champion peak from the top of wonderful peak.

[attachment=55775]
my dad checking our location. figuring elevation and what not. and finding peaks he was once on top of 15+ years ago.

[attachment=55776]
the sleds. great runners. 1998 600rmk and 1998 700rmk. both with 136" x 2" tracks.

[attachment=55778]
my dad and i standing in some freshely drifted snow on wonderful peak.

[attachment=55779]
the icycle.

[attachment=55780]
another of the icycle.

[attachment=55781]
standing on top of the tunnel. you can barely see the icycle, if at all. at the bottom of the icycle was a huge mound of ice, as wide as the tunnel, about a foot high at the tallest point. it didn't even feel like ice it was so cold...

that's all the photos. hope you guys enjoyed them. no pictures of riding though. [:(]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ya...i forgot to mention there was a good foot of poweder at the top. and at the base there was 20+ inches. easily 5 feet of packed snow for a base.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts