Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sled that I had a guy convert to carb's from efi. It is a 96' Indy 500 EFI and now want to convert it back to efi but not sure on the motor where the harness' hook up. I also think we are missing some. Any pics under the hood would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What exactly do you need pics of?Also did he install an inline pressure regulator,cause the carbs won,t accept the EFI pressure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics of the motor, as im sure we are missing a harness or two.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a completely seperate wiring harnes, battery, electric fuel pump, throttle bodies, and computer needed to try to convert it back. It might not be worth the money, but a lot of people can help you here if you run into issues.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Diamondcbulls said:
pics of the motor, as im sure we are missing a harness or two.
71rdrnr said:
There is a completely seperate wiring harnes, battery, electric fuel pump, throttle bodies, and computer needed to try to convert it back. It might not be worth the money, but a lot of people can help you here if you run into issues.
Alot of work,let me know if you still want pics.I,ve got a 96 sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a harness from my 94 EFI 500 that I have been parting out. The sled ran, I just hit a rock with it and converted the engine to carb and put it into another chassis. I also have the EFI head and water pump (I think, but not sure). Do you have any of the EFI parts from the previous owner? Let me know if you are interested in the harness and head.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my father in laws sled. Worked great for the 2-3 yrs he owned it and then last winter it would bearly idle. B/c we thought it was the ECU he decided to carb it and save time and money. Once converted it still acted up and caused a few head scratch's from the mechanic. He decided to put a different cdi box on for the hell of it and it ran fine. So know he wants to convert it back to the efi but im sure that the mechanic didn't give all the harness back. We have the throttle bodies, fuel pump, battery, and ECU but it seems as though we are missing a piece. Rainman56 I would appreciate some pics. Thanks to all

·
Registered
393 Posts
Diamondcbulls said:
This is my father in laws sled. Worked great for the 2-3 yrs he owned it and then last winter it would bearly idle. B/c we thought it was the ECU he decided to carb it and save time and money. Once converted it still acted up and caused a few head scratch's from the mechanic. He decided to put a different cdi box on for the hell of it and it ran fine. So know he wants to convert it back to the efi but im sure that the mechanic didn't give all the harness back. We have the throttle bodies, fuel pump, battery, and ECU but it seems as though we are missing a piece. Rainman56 I would appreciate some pics. Thanks to all
OK I,ll try to post some pics tonight or asap.Hopefully I,ll get time this evening.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok bud,I posted the pics.Me being computer illiterate as I am I couldn,t figure out how to post them here or even on my own profile.You,ll have to go to the home page and click on images in the general section.Let me know when you,ve got them and I,ll delete them as I don,t think they,re supposed to be in that section.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx Rainman for posting the pics. You can delete them as i saved them on my computer. Once i get the pot back from being honed i will begin to put it back together. If i should need other pics i will drop you a line. Thanx again!
Perfect dirtkatt, will keep you in mind as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts