Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha yup new ski's are the next purchase, hate the purple. Also gonna pick up a 5 or 6 inch riser.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
PolarisIndySKS said:
Why did you put the back end so high up?
I was going to ask the same thing. Doesnt look like it would have very good weight transfer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had to drop the suspension to give clearance for the track, was gonna drop and roll the chaincase but figured i'd give it a try like this. as far as weight transfer, ha have you ridden a ultra. All the weight is on the front end, i never had any transfer to begin with all it did was spin. Like i said i'll give it a try come snowfall and make changes through out the seaason.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
A 1.5" track will fit fine on a 97 Ultra with extra 10 suspension,you just have to remove the tunnel protectors. The ultra has good weight transfer if you set the stock suspension up right,my brother has one and I have spent alot of time on it. I bet your suspension in the stock position will perform better then it does the way you have it,and look alot better as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im guessing thats a 136"? Where did you get your drop brackets from? Or did you make them? I have a 97 ultra sp im currently putting a 144" on it and im going to drop the suspension some, but not quite as much as your though.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
should be good in DEEP snow, but not going to handle in corners for crap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
adam.rairden said:
Im guessing thats a 136"? Where did you get your drop brackets from? Or did you make them? I have a 97 ultra sp im currently putting a 144" on it and im going to drop the suspension some, but not quite as much as your though.
yes i made the brackets, not sure if your sp has coolers underneath the boards or not. But if it does yours will look like mine. I dropped it just below the coolers. And yes it's a 136, i wanted to go 144 but a buddy was parting out a sled and gave me everything i needed. 144 would be awesome. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts