Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my 1999 XCR700. I know the pics arn't great but thats the best i could get.
The sled is bascialy stock other than a DG Triple Silencer and boysen reeds. The track has 256 Studs. And i have some small things done to make it look good. Such as stickers, yellow hood screens, a skid plate. All the blots are polished, which you can't see in the pics.

Let me know what you think about it. Suggestions our welcome!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
awesome sled. my bro just bout one identical except for the stickers n yellow screens.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
very sharp. Like the colors. Must rip up the lake!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
That is one of the best looking sleds i have seen in that chassis... Looks great.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
^ what he said, i'm not a huge fan of that chassis, but that one looks awesome!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I tried my best to make it look good. A few other mods i didn't mention are, Blue HID headlights, painted windshield black, and yellow running board trim. I would take a few pics of the engine but i have the power valves torn apart becauase one of them blew.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have always liked that sled!! I was looking to see if I couldn't pick one up at the grass drags/swap meets this summer.. no luck though.. I love triples[:D] They really purrrr..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are you located GMANN? I have a buddy with close to the same sled for $3000 firm in michigan. It's in Mint condiditon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice looking sled. I've got the same sled but mine doesn't look as pretty. I like the yellow vents which adds to the sled.
I may paint mine this year who knows.
My current setup is Dynoport pipes and a Goodwin clutch kit. The Goodwin clutching is coming off as it made the sled awsome for holeshot/backshifting excellent for coming out of the corners but seems not to pull as hard through the upper range as well. I've played with the clutching quite a bit with this sled and find that the stock set-up is damn close to perfect for across the lake. The Goodwin set-up is good for loading the motor up to get a good holeshot. Goodwin 50/36 black teflon coated helix, black primary(175-310)10-62 weights, black secondary spring 3rd hole.

I plan on trying the following this year: Goodwin 50/36 helix Polaris black/almond (165-320)10-60 weights, Polaris silver/blue 2nd hole. This set-up is closer to stock which I hope will be somewere in between getting good upper range while getting a decent holeshot. Keep me in the loop on any infor you come across on that sled. There are not many of these sleds out there so info is scarce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts