Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pictures, with a little info behind them.

Lined up and ready to go.
Snowmobile Snow Winter sport Vehicle Sled

Not too bad of a holeshot.
Snow Winter Vehicle Snowmobile Geological phenomenon

First jump
Snow Stunt performer Extreme sport Recreation Vehicle

If you want to know what's faster, an F7 with twin pipes or a bone stock Rev 600, the Firecat definitely had it.
Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Geological phenomenon Winter sport

Another jump
Snow Snowmobile Stunt performer Vehicle Winter

High up on the berm.
Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Winter sport

Could not get around that 550!
Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Winter sport Racing

Braked a little to late.
Vehicle Snow Concrete Asphalt Extreme sport

Still trying to get around the 550.
Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Winter sport Racing

Pushing hard through the corner.
Snow Vehicle Geological phenomenon Winter sport Freezing

Almost had him!
Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Racing Winter sport

This guy pushed to hard and went right up and over the berm, letting me pass him!
Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Freezing Snowmobile

One more jump.
Snow Snowmobile Stunt performer Vehicle Winter

Final results are 4th out of 7. The only sled smaller than mine was that 550x, and that kid also rode in the 600 L.C. class.

Attachments

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GreenMachine00 said:
Man you better be ready to replace parts on that 600 cause I really don't see a consumer sled like yours lasting very long.. Wow.
Yeah, I have to drop the skid tomorrow and re-rivet my heat exchanger back in, it came a little loose. I think Im going to put a slipper gear in it and gear it down a little while I'm at it. I'm going to get some aluminum sheet, and strengthen my nun, tunnel, and bulkhead. I also have to replace a few dull studs. Trying to decide where to get my shocks sent to get revalved as well. I already disconnected my sway bar and changed my carbides.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not gonna lie though, it was more than worth it!

· Registered
1,359 Posts
sounds like fun. hard on the sled though

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0Lf1Gax30

COMMENT!

· Registered
4,855 Posts
[thumb]Good for you Sean!!! Really glad to see you involved in the snow-X! Stick with it buddy. Keep hitting all your events. If you sign up for a whole season next year I'll sponsor you with a helmet paint job! You have to comit to a full race season though.

· Registered
5,007 Posts
Now that's a cool vid. What a great way to get into the sport. It looked like it was a tough track to make a pass on. Real short. You almost HAD to trade paint and block pass. It didn't look like there was any whoop sections where the power of the sled and your skills could do it for ya. Did I see a cat go off the track at about 3:23?

Anyway, good job...any races in the future? Just wait til you have a stiff sled under you...you'll be pinned the whole time.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey Man good job! Bet that was pretty fun! Look's like you did pretty good for your first race. You did better then I would have done. I'm sure I would have been the guy driving off the track. lol

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I can get rid of my sled for a 440 race sled, I will be racing RMR circut next year in the JR 16-17 class. One thing I noticed is I didn't feel like I was jumping, I just felt competitive, and was just trying to pick the best lines, even if it meant jumping higher than everyone else. A lot of the time I feel nervous to push myself, but this time it felt great to. I think it had a lot to do with me being so comfortable with my sled as well.

If anyone lives in New Hampshire or Maine, I'm looking at going up to Rocky Mountain SnoCross. They need up to 4 people to open the park, and even though my dad doesn't jump sleds, he'd still go so that makes 2. Looking for 2 other people to go up. It's located in South Carthage, Maine.

And yes, that was a Cat going off the track, which allowed me to pass him and make it to 4th.

· Registered
2,447 Posts
Sit down in the corners, sled is more balanced, so you can go faster and pass that slow ass 550x.

What are these races called? like the class? i want to join one, looks like a fun time.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This was a JR. Open class. The corners werent smooth, they were all rutted, so sitting down would have kicked me right off. Maybe with stiffer valving I could have.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im looking into multiple races in Queensbury, New York for the upcoming weeks. Anyone ever been to these races? Any suggestions or comments on the track?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.