Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set up a quick web page for the pictures from this weekend. Enjoy! http://homepage.mac.com/intendedacceleration/

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u lucky lil bastard.....i had enough to go like 50 miles up and down a 3 mile stretch of ditch

There's always next year....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

finally put some miles on it huh. Have fun?

[/quote]

Yeah except for the 2 inch chunk I took out of one of my ski's. But yeat it was great, and man does that sled have some nutz.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

2" chunk out of your skis wtf?

[/quote]
Hit culvert.....sliced about a two inch long by half inch deep chunk out of the outside of my right ski....hope they will cover it under waranty, but if not I will replace it before next season anyhow

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
man what are culverts again? Seems likle about 10 ppl in every forum I go to have hit a culvert. What is it?
some type of drain thing right?

Edited by - Sled_Dog on March 11 2002 4:28:42 PM

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think its those concrete pipes for drainage.

Here's a question then... what are those huge aluminum pipes that go under highways and things called. No I'm not looking for the answer 'tunnel' i mean the big aluminum pipe thingy?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
155 Posts
The big aluminum thing is a culvert

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
you guys have no idea how hard i'm laughing right now about the 'culvert' thing!! i guess it's second nature around here, and it's really the only precaution we have to take when riding ditches. it's a tube so to speak made of steel usually that is for drainage under roads, and i know plenty of people who have hit them.

just curious intended, why in the world would your ski be covered under warrenty? doesn't warrenty only cover failure of parts? that's all mine did. if yours covers more i hate you ;)

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Just say 'Was riding along, and your ski fell apart....Replace it'

And yes the 'culvert' thing has got me going too. Only in canada were not forced to ride ditch's. ;)

I hope you can purswade them to cover it for you inteded.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
that reminds me of when i went to pick up my sled at the dealer. the kid that loaded it got a decent run for our trailer but to load it you have to lift the skis. needless to say, he about went throught the windshield and took huge gouges out of both my skis. that boy is lucky he can still walk.....

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah most of the time if you bring your sled in to your dealer with a problem like that they try to take care of you.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i want your dealer. if i went in to any dealer around here with something like that wrong with my sled they would probably laugh and point me to the door. would they do the same thing in the event of a cracked or broken hood?

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i was laughing a good one at the culvert thing....my old dealer i went to wouldnt work w/ me at all, not much snwo the year i bought my last sled, had problmes w/ it, they said they warranteed em for a month after it snowed, so after we got decent snow, had problems, brought it here, they fixed the wrong hting, charged like 100 bucks, brought it there again, they said nutin was wrong, charged some more for lookin at it, finally i told em just to ride it, they did and they figured the spark plug wire was hitting the hood and shorting out, so they didnt charge for that time, whenever they looked at it tho, the hood was open when it was running so it ran fine

this dealer was also 120 miles away round trip, so lots of miles were made

There's always next year....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts