Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Pictures in posts

10K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  vougga 
#1 ·
Please keep the picture sizes 800 X 600 or smaller in resolution. These massive pictures at huge resolutions (example: 1280 X 960 or 1800 X 1600) are un-necessary because MOST people don't even use that large of a resolution for their desktop. This results in the window on the screen forming a scroll bar at the bottom, making text go off the screen, and basically being an annoyance.

Any pictures that are wider then 800 will be removed. Height isn't as much of an issue because everyone scrolls up and down. I don't want to sound harsh, but I don't like having to root through files resizing everything so it fits. It's not hard to resize a picture.

Thank you!

#6 ·
Originally posted by Flyin_Ryan
[br]Its not really and upload though, most people just hotlink
Actually most people upload. And even if u just link to another site, we want the pics 800 X 600 or smaller.

#7 ·
Offshore24- Just select reply at the bottom of a post and when you are transferred to the next page you click on the paperclip icon and then follow the instructions.

j-2-800

Oh yeah, you can't do it from the quick reply on the bottom of the thread page, you have to select reply.

#8 ·
How to upload

PF Forum
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/polarisman/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4147

SF Forum
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4148

#9 ·
usually if I try to upload a pic that is too big it times out before it uploads

#11 ·
I got the picture to come up when I replied to this topic. But when I tried to make a new topic under the My Sled forum it just shows up as an attachment and not a picture.

#17 ·
Jim H, it is easy to make them smaller if you have a photo editing application such as PhotoShop or the like, just open the pic in photoshop and then go to IMAGE then IMAGE SIZE and resize from there....easy! I don't know about other programs though....if there is a picture that you need resized and you don't have photoshop, I would be happy to do it for you, just send a private message and let me know where the pic is.....

#26 ·
Is it best to upload pics, or hotlink from other sites. Used to use "villiage photos", but they no longer allow hotlinking. And if we have pics uploaded on here, can we hotlink to other sites?
Also do the pics we upload to a post, go into our gallery?
Jake..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.