Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are a few pics of the vintage sled i'm racing at teh dome. Sorry they aren't of the best quality. I will post more pics as soon as the sled is finished

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
the way it looks now, u wont be goin far w/ that sled...

There's always next year....

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I see we have refreshments on the running board. Might want to throw an engine in it though....

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure, its a 70, or 71 puma with a 292. Chassis are in really good shape, but motors are still in pieces, trying to find cranks! I think the 1 chassis is a 70 and the other os a 71.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
What kinda dirt bike is in the background there??

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike in the backround is a 2001 yamaha yz 125. The other sled is the same thing. The guy in the picture is my cousin, he owns the sleds and is letting me race one if i put it together and help with the other one. Oh and thats a poweraid on the running board.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yep definatley a power aid but what exactly does it aid you in??

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dude, high engine, direct drive, arc springs, wow, that's gonna be ALOT of fun to race man!

my dad recently got an old JD model 800 as a collectors, and when I saw it I was SHOCKED at how much sleds have changed, but some of the old design is still pretty cool, they had that centralized mass stuff figured out a long time ago.

: )

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok we got the pig running tonite. Sounds good so far. should have decals tomorrow morning then we have to do a little testing and then polish her up. will be a black hood with 6x18 inch White Knuckle Performance decals. Should look pretty nice. I don't have #'s on the sled but I will more than likely wear my arctic race stuff. # 175. Cheer me on, I will need it.!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u cant wear ur arctic stuff ajr...lol....u gotta go out there in ur jeans and old carhartt jacket.....lol...like everyone else out tehre, or wear some good ice fishing clothes, old brown bibs and a carhartt jacket...lol....

There's always next year....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I may be at the dome to see this! I am driving down there that day for a car club meet and we may all go to the snowcross!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would wear carhartts, but I want to look good! If I wear my arctic stuff, it should all match pretty good. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[Dcp_0001.jpg/img]

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok lets try this again, here are the final pics of the sled./polarisman/../images/users/ajr%23175/Dcp_0002.jpg

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i wonder if my 1980 txl would classify as a vintage sled if so im gonna race that b!tch

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

1 - 20 of 20 Posts