Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Check out this link...

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31620

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to just put pics on the post I was also wondering about the pics that you guys have when you put up a post, or in my profile or whichever.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Are you referring to the avatar? (Like the picture of my ZR on the drift below my name?) If so, you can choose one in your profile, or request a custom one in your 'members area.' (Both are links on the left side of the page under members)

If you are talking about your profile picture (pic you see when you click on someones name, which is how you view a profile), that is also under your profile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am talking about the pics like the one of your ZR, I want a pic of my sled to show up when I put up a new post, I found the thing your talkin about I think but it was asking me for a URL for my picture which I may be an idiot but I dont how the hell to get a URL for a picture thats on my computer and not on the interet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
you need to up load it to a sire like www.photobucket.com or www.picturetrail.com and it will give you a url for it

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Originally posted by pistonburner
[br]I am talking about the pics like the one of your ZR, I want a pic of my sled to show up when I put up a new post,
That's your avatar. On the left side, there is a link that says "Members area"...click that. From there there are a few links on the leftward part of that page, one should say "Request an Avatar." Click on that, upload your file, and wait for an approval. The requested avatar has to be approved by staff to ensure there's no smutty stuff. Once it is ok'd, clikc on "Edit Profile" on the left side (same spot you found 'Members Area') and you can choose from an abundance of Avatars. Your recently uploaded one should be in there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried uploading that avatar thing and it said the system could not find the file or something, I made sure its a JPG image and it still doesnt work so I guess I am just gonna have to give up for right now, thanks for you help.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I just tried it and got the same error. Shortly after though, it said it went through, so I don't know. It seemed to work for me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts