Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i have my carbs totaly apart, and im just cleaning everything off.. i have all the rubber stuff out, so should i clen everything with the carb cleaner, even the carb bodies? and i noticed one of the air pilot screws was slightly amonut of turns differant from the other carb... is this normal, like jetting is differant?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, blast everything with a LIBERAL amount of carb cleaner. The more carb cleaner the better. Go NUTS with the carb cleaner. No such thing as using too much carb cleaner or having a carb that is too clean!!

Pilot air screws should be the same on both carbs, otherwise the carbs won't be well sync'd.

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Although carb cleaner wont hurt, I never had to use it to get satisfactory results. A solvent and air pressure work fine for me. The air screws can be slightly different sometimes. JMO

·
Registered
506 Posts
point of interest: carb cleaner is HIGHLY carcenogenic, but it does a bloody good job of gettin carbs and even clutches cleaned. just don't breath it in if you can at all avoid it. it's one of the most carconogenic products that's still legal. but it IS still legal, so it's not like it's gonna kill you the way asbestos will. but.... just avoid breathing it if ya can.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
your pilot screws can be slighly off, but not much. If you tune your carbs with a vaccum guage they probably won't be exact anyways.

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts