Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some customizeing on my sled with a powdercoat kit I bought last week.

[attachment=50430]

First thing was to powdercoat the bumper with reflective chrome. Looks just like polished aluminium.

[attachment=50644]

Next was to powdercoat the belt gaurd with silver.
[attachment=50712]

Then I powdercoated the hood screens with gloss white and the front springs with silver.
[attachment=50715]

Turned out pretty nice.
Pics. don,t really show up the brightness of the silver too well but ,it shines pretty nice.
Next will be to powdercoat the A- arms mirror black and the tourque arms and the spindles silver.
Have alot more colors to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wow, that looks really good.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
How much was that kit, and where did you get it from? Worked well?

I want to tear down the front end of my ZR this summer, and would be cool to do my own powdercoat on the a-arms and such.

Looks awesome by the way!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
that looks sweet. if i brought you my belt guard you could powdercoat it? i'd pay you of course.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes, nice work, it looks really nice, and that front suspension would look really nice if it was reflective chrome.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
That looks really good. You did a great job.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
looks amazing, how much did that kit cost you PM me

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well it would be considered pimping, except for the fact that its on a yamaha. which by default goes to ricer.

LOL just messin with ya. looks good.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Chris_Flesch5
[br]that looks sick[:D]....how much do those kits cost.
The kit and colors were a little over $200.00 but you need a sandblaster, air comp., regulator, and an old electric oven to do it. I made my own sandblasting cabinet/ spray booth. About $125.00 invested into the booth plus about 15 hours into makeing it.

[attachment=50731]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]Well it would be considered pimping, except for the fact that its on a yamaha. which by default goes to ricer.

LOL just messin with ya. looks good.
LOL, Yeah its rice, j/k, Looks really cool...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Looks real nice! I'll have to talk to you some more about it when we finally get to ride.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]looks sweet!!! I hope you didnt use the stove u cook in?
If I did, the wife would disown me!!! Wait a minute, that not be a bad idea. [:eek:)] [8D] [:)] [:D] [8)]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice job on that. Looks pretty sharp!
Any idea if you can mix those colours together to change the hue or is it a straight outta the jar operation?

·
Registered
548 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by hammy
[br]Nice job on that. Looks pretty sharp!
Any idea if you can mix those colours together to change the hue or is it a straight outta the jar operation?
You really can,t mix colors but you can use one color for a base coat than use another over that. Haven,t tried that yet but I will be experimenting some more.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts