Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this for a friend who has a Yamaha SRV with pipes and adjustment screws for jetting on the carbs. Does anyone know how to set these up properly? They have a + and - on them I assume for rich and lean, but he is very leary about touching them without knowing how to tell which way to go or if he is doing things correctly. Anyone seen this setup before? The pipes sound good but the sled runs pretty boggy and peaky most of the time.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
the easiest thing to tell him. in=leaner out=richer

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We know that, but can we use the wide open shut off engine and coast before letting of the throttle method to tune the cylinders by looking at the sparkplugs or has someone actually seen this setup before. The previous owner put it on and evidently paid good money for it but the method for keeping the sled tuned properly was not communicated.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
you use the same method I do. Only time I would use a different method would be in drag racing by doing calculations of elevations, temperature, humidity.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody else have some advice on this. I told my bud you guys were the best. Don't make a liar out of me.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
XLTSP, here is a tech article on the Dial-a-Jet I dug up:

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts