Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a set of PSI triple pipes for a 1996 Indy Ultra fit my 97 ultra SPX 680?
The guy had them on a 96 XCR600SP.
Please let me know, i found some cheap.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
I'm not going to say they won't fit for the simple reason that just about anything can be done. I will say (if you don't already know) that the pipes off that xcr sp are from the aggessie body style, just like the spx. The other thing is that the pipes on the spx are a good, proven combo. Why would you want to change??

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ultrawillie said:
tdgbigfoot said:
I'm not going to say they won't fit for the simple reason that just about anything can be done. I will say (if you don't already know) that the pipes off that xcr sp are from the aggessie body style, just like the spx. The other thing is that the pipes on the spx are a good, proven combo. Why would you want to change??
I have a 97 ultra 680 and have no pipes for it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have a 97 ultra 680 and have no pipes for it.
[/quote]

So what your saying is, that you have a 97 SPX with-out any pipes??

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL correct.
But i also just got a 96 XCR600SP, so not sure what i should do!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
LOL correct.
But i also just got a 96 XCR600SP, so [highlight=yellow]not sure what i should do![/highlight=yellow]
This would be a tough call, I personally don't like the fiber donut rings that go with the xcr sp pipes, where as the psi pipes have the metal C rings for the collectors. Other wise they are both good pipes. The only other thing is the body styles, if you have the spx agressive body style the xcr pipes will lay in and around the chain case. Then again you could sell the psi pipes to Ras55976. Keep us posted, I'm curious to hear the results.[thumb]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, they're kinda far, i was gonna have them shipped- they are 3 hour drive away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts