Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what everyone thought might be the best set of triple pipes for a 97 XLT SP. I know SLP makes a decent set, are they the best, is anyone else better?

I plan on putting a clutch kit on the sled as well, and of course it will have a minumum of 144 carbide studs (it already has 6 in carbides on the skis).

My riding style would be catagorized as an agressive trail rider w/a mixture of lake and field riding thrown in.

I'm not really looking for racing pipes, but something thats going to deliver a good sound and boost performance. With this type of set up, what can I expect for hp numbers too? I'd appreciate any and all opinons.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not sure on which brand is better, but i would expect to see between 10-15 hp gains. That single pipe setup like i have and im sure you have is pretty restrictive, and the tri-pipe setup will allow it to breathe a whole lot better. Just make sure you put the studs and pipes on before you order your clutch kit. This way if the company wants to know the specifics you will already have the high performance stuff on it, and this should make the clutch kit that much better.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
948 Posts
SLP and PSI are both comparable. I have both in my two '94 XLTs. Can't say I really tell the difference between the two but I would think ToU is about right on the 10 - 15 HP increase when you re-jet properly.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you can try hot seat pipes or hot to go on any pipe check there rpm you dont want to be spinning at 9000 rpm the closer to 8500 the better. I said it before the old 95xlt with pipes thundershift wiehgts could run with the twins on the trail and almost on the long haul on the lake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts