Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 99 Xc 700 twin pipe and can setup fit on a 02 edge? is the XC even a ves? wasnt sure, friend told me he has a set he might be willing to sell to me.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The 99 xc does not have ves and Im pretty sure the can exits the tub in a different location, so you would have to cut a new hole if you can.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will xc pipes work on a motor with VES?? anyone....? im not sure about flow or anything that might be a problem like that,,, i think they wont but im not really sure and have a chanve to get a good deal on them most likely so i wanna just double check before i pass....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
your motor has VES, the 99XC doesn't. Unless you want ruin your motor, don't use those pipes on your sled.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Like Polaris Parts MN said, they will not work. The mods to put the proper pipes on your sled are not worth it IMO(clutching, carbs, head work). With the fuel quality of the last several years I have stopped all engine mods, it's not the same as years past and running flatland near sea level on tweaked engine inevitably becomes a bomb. I just stick to making sleds more efficient by clutching and gearing.

BJ, you have your sled dialed in for clutch and gearing, I would recommend spending your money on other items before pipes like:

- Snell Helmet or TEK Vest
- Ripsaw track and /or studs
- Tempa Flow (not an engine mod, just keeps carbs in tune)
- a savings account for next sled

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinksno said:
Like Polaris Parts MN said, they will not work. The mods to put the proper pipes on your sled are not worth it IMO(clutching, carbs, head work). With the fuel quality of the last several years I have stopped all engine mods, it's not the same as years past and running flatland near sea level on tweaked engine inevitably becomes a bomb. I just stick to making sleds more efficient by clutching and gearing.

BJ, you have your sled dialed in for clutch and gearing, I would recommend spending your money on other items before pipes like:

- Snell Helmet or TEK Vest
- Ripsaw track and /or studs
- Tempa Flow (not an engine mod, just keeps carbs in tune)
- a savings account for next sled
lol i know i know im horrible,, i BELIVE i could got the pipes and can for about $75-100 in good shape, i know i cant really find a used can for that price so i was just curious,, but, track is almost new, i dont like studs, i have a snell helemt new this year, (mutant by HJC) TEK vest might be ver the summer,, and some other little things here and there, im the putzy kinda guy i like to know i have 1/3 of the price and a sled that can outrun all the sleds i run with.. (most of them)

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
your motor has VES, the 99XC doesn't. Unless you want ruin your motor, don't use those pipes on your sled.
as i said, i believe i knew the answer i just wanted to make sure....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts