Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking for a set of twin pipes for a 98 xc 700 non-ves motor. Anything will work if its for the right price. If there in michigan that would be better but ill go anywhere. cash in hand. pm me if you know of anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
There was just a topic on here for a guy selling the exact pipes. Do some searching. Or look in the setting forum. They mightve sold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did. Ive seen a few i just thought if maybe i posted a wanted ad for some pipes in michigan someone might decide to sell some or know where i could get some. Ive been looking around!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
How do you intend to ride the sled? Trails, or all out racing? if trails, you may want to check into a single instead of twins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dtmmil said:
How do you intend to ride the sled? Trails, or all out racing? if trails, you may want to check into a single instead of twins.
Both im mostly trail riding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Pol700XC said:
dtmmil said:
How do you intend to ride the sled? Trails, or all out racing? if trails, you may want to check into a single instead of twins.
Both im mostly trail riding
i belive fromw hat i understand (and i could be wrong butt...) the twins make the sled very hard to keep trail worthy and not melt down, jetting is a major issue w/ these, that why someone sugested a single. anyone wanna chirp in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im good either way but ive also been told jetting can be a problem for pipes stock, single, or twin. Anyone who runs a single pipe may be jetted for say 20-30 degree weather but what happends when its 40 - 45 out. It gets a little bogey just not as much. Theres alot of people who run twins and dont have any problems what so ever. my only thing is ive found a set of dynoport twin pipes with can and mounting flanges for $175 and it comes with the jet kit for the pipes. the pipes came off the same sled i have. I cant beat the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Pol700XC said:
Im good either way but ive also been told jetting can be a problem for pipes stock, single, or twin. Anyone who runs a single pipe may be jetted for say 20-30 degree weather but what happends when its 40 - 45 out. It gets a little bogey just not as much. Theres alot of people who run twins and dont have any problems what so ever. my only thing is ive found a set of dynoport twin pipes with can and mounting flanges for $175 and it comes with the jet kit for the pipes. the pipes came off the same sled i have. I cant beat the price.
Are you still looking for a set of twin pipes for a 1998 XC700? If so I have a set of SLP pipes for sale that are in great shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
bj.hardy said:
Pol700XC said:
dtmmil said:
How do you intend to ride the sled? Trails, or all out racing? if trails, you may want to check into a single instead of twins.
Both im mostly trail riding
i belive fromw hat i understand (and i could be wrong butt...) the twins make the sled very hard to keep trail worthy and not melt down, jetting is a major issue w/ these, that why someone sugested a single. anyone wanna chirp in?
all in how its setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
there was just a set on ebay, flanges and all for $200. SLP's
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top