Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems because the guy that I got my ZRT from took all the covers off the pipes, and that's causing all the cylinders to run at different temps ex: one hot, another cold, and the other good, does anybody have the positoning schimatics, or design for the heat covers on a 1996 ZRT 600.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The '96 ZRT's never had the heat shields on the pipes.

The problem you are having would be your jetting.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I can see the clamps in the diagram, you can see them the best on the top pipe, and one of my friends has a 1995 800 ZRT, and his has the heat shields on it, he told me they all have it, but he has racing pipes, and stingers, so I can't copy the positioning off his.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i dont think removing heat shields would do that. all its for is to protect there butts. it just makes it so u wont get burned

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Well I talked to a friend that bought a '96 new. His did not have them. If you look on Ebay.com under ZRT 600, you will see none of the '96's or '97's have them. Look at active auctions and completed auctions. They must have stared putting them on in '98 or '99.

Like I said, the heat shields wouldn't cause the cyls. to run at different temps. It would be your jetting of the carbs.
What temps. are you getting?? Are the temps from EGT gauges??

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can tell because the colours of the plugs, but on me friends 800 with digital ETG guages the temps were fine when he had them, took them off to see if it would run cooler, the temps went nuts, them put them back on, and it was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts