Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an Aaen for the sled. Can someone give any suggestions about jetting or is this more trial & error? Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i had a 93 sx with a bender single and the main jet was stock as for the rest of the carb i dont know what else was changed. I would have to say trial and error

·
Registered
660 Posts
Most of the time sleds are jetted alittle fat from the factory...When I piped my Exciter, I talked with a few people and most agreed that you could run the stock main in "warmer weather" I took that as 20+ degrees. I did go up 1 size on the main just to be safe and it ripped. The pilot I would think will be fine and The needles I would start out at stock and keep a close eye on it (reading plugs). Clutching...Have no specific set up, I know I went to s stiffer primary spring..Which raised the engagement up to (I think) around 4500 rpm. then I dropped a tooth on the top gear. That sled would pull wheelies off the line and really woke up. Like stated, Trial and error to some point, But Aaen will for sure help you if you call them. I am running those pipes on my Vmax4 and have talked with the guy their a few time....Great people working their. Give thema call and see if they can't get you going in a good direction to start. Parisic whim (or something close to that) has done alittle piping and jetting on those as well. Maybe give him a PM.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input 3ft. I only weigh 135lbs so the machine "weelies" all ready. Sounds like it will be a blast when I'm done. It's running a little rich, we are a lot warmer this year than is normal, so I was just going to put on the pipe and start checking plugs. So you suggest a stiffer primary spring as well?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would raise the engagemnet rpm some. The pipe, Most of the time...Will push you peak power band up alittle amd the low end can get alittle "boggy" so bumping it up helps get the rpms clsoer to where the pipe will work better. If you are that light then I wouldn't gear down either. On mine I had a Comet primary so I can't help much with spring colors on the stock set up....But their again, call Aaen. they can get you set up. From what I have seen with Aaen's usally are not the highest horse power pipe out thier, But have much better midrange then say benders or psi....and have a smoother pwoerband as well. Some of the other pipes make noticibly more "peak" power, But the Aaen's make better midrange...AKA, trail riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts