Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are Kimpex and Boxer pistons compared to oem or wiseco?

Anyothers that are ecconomical yet safe quality wise?

Pistons for 87 Phazer485cc

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've heard good things about Kimpex pistons for general use (not racing). I just put three Kimpex piston kits in my XLT, and have just begun breaking the engine in. I'll let you know for sure come spring. [;)]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I personally would never go with anything but OEM. I think nobody knows the engine more than the people who built the thing.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
good point P-man But OEM is so pricey thats where you want to go with a high quality piston manufacturer Wiseco is one of theh high quility companies. ive never dealt with boxer or Kimpex. I dont know if i would want a company that makes tracks for sleds pistons in my machine JMHO

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I have 1200 miles on my pair of .060 wiseco's. Runs like hell!!!
I always do a proper full warmup, even now.

-Dean

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a 91 phazer (see in my gallery) it burndown right after I bought it, so the dealer replace the pistons with NON-oem/wiseco pistons. After 500 miles I had a skirt break on one. I had them replaced again with wiseco pistons and the sled is still running hard after 4 years of abuse.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
In my racing motocross bike I use Wiseco exclusively and have never had a problem with the piston...and I ride this thing with no mercy reving it at over 12,000 constantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts