Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding the top end on a 1997 XCR 600. I have to replace on piston so I might as well do all 3. It has 6400 miles on it. Should I put OEM back in it or should I put Wiseco's in. What would be the difference between them and would I gain anything?

Chris

·
Registered
699 Posts
i just have always ran wiseco prolites when rebuilding a engine never heard of any problems with them and they have been a round a while go with the wiseco

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with exiter_man. Make sure you get a good warm up before hammering it to avoid cold sieze. I've found that I can get Wiseco pistons for the same or less money than OEM. That alone is enough to make me use Wiseco.

Has anyone ever seen a wiseco snomo piston break? I've seen a few OEMs.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ive heard they are lighter,stronger,and run cooler but thats just what i heard never used them

·
Registered
31 Posts
go with the wiseco's. They are worth is and I have never had a problem ith them, just make sure you let it warm up before you use it and try to break in the motor well,

Patrick

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I would go with OEM unless you really feel the need to save the money (if they even are cheaper).

Wiseco's are a little less forgiving of abuse than OEM.... You abuse them they will fail quickly. OEM's will last alot longer if your hard on them.

Edit: Not that they arn't good. I run wiseco's in my sled, but i had to, due to a .060" bore job...

-Dean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts