Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have never done a piston swap and well I asked one of my friends and he told me to check the bottom end of the engine like crankshaft and all. But is it necessary? Because I want to only change pistons cause I know they´re bad. It is a hastle to remove all the plastics and everything to get to the bottom end.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I have never done a piston swap and well I asked one of my friends and he told me to check the bottom end of the engine like crankshaft and all. But is it necessary? Because I want to only change pistons cause I know they´re bad. It is a hastle to remove all the plastics and everything to get to the bottom end.
Top end rebuilds are common and don't usually involve the bottom end unless something more serious occurred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top end rebuilds are common and don't usually involve the bottom end unless something more serious occurred.
Thank you, I propably Will not check The bottom end because I don't really have a garage and doing everything under The sky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you're going to the effort to do any engine work, do it right and check bottom end. Depending upon how old the machine is, crank seals could need replacing.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Def always a good idea to check the bottom end. Why are the pistons bad? If you melted one (or both) then cleaning out and checking the bottom end is pretty much a necessity. Also, unless you know they didn't fail because of a bad crank seal then its pretty risky putting in pistons without new seals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts