Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do race my sleds once in awhile i dont jump it or do any stuff like that... i wanna find out what i should get because somebody told me wiesco pistons made his dirtbike run like shit and he builds snowmobiles so idk... i love wiesco but heard stuff about them. the reason i want pistons is i have a bad ring and since i have to take the motor apart ima put new pistons and stuff in... i do have to hone my jugs and i want to know if i shud bore the machine out... i heard great things from people who bore them out and they are way faster so im just curious... I do have the money to buy wiesco pistons but i want to know how much itd be it says 90$ for a kit but is that 1 piston or what?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
that would be 90 for one piston. also honing is necessary with new pistons. i think most machine shops would be maybe 100 buck for a bore job? im not sure. but also remember there is more money after that too. as far as your buddys problem with wiesco pistons in his bike, that is more likely a instalation problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem is hes doing my pistons but im telling you this guy restored over 40 arctic cat sleds they are all vintage he even deos dragster snowmobiles and puts me to shame i mean people make mistakes... it was a kawasaki dirtbike i dont know all the clues to how that happened... but honestly if u have the money wat wud u do buy oem or wiesco?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
nskhellfire said:
i do race my sleds once in awhile i dont jump it or do any stuff like that... i wanna find out what i should get because somebody told me wiesco pistons made his dirtbike run like shit and he builds snowmobiles so idk... i love wiesco but heard stuff about them. the reason i want pistons is i have a bad ring and since i have to take the motor apart ima put new pistons and stuff in... i do have to hone my jugs and i want to know if i shud bore the machine out... i heard great things from people who bore them out and they are way faster so im just curious... I do have the money to buy wiesco pistons but i want to know how much itd be it says 90$ for a kit but is that 1 piston or what?
What kind of sled do you have? As most recent motors have sleeves, so you cant bore those.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wait spi is usually how much for 2 pistons rings circlips wristpins and shyt.. my sled is a 1980 and ive seen some with wiesco i just really dont know i havnt heard much about them i havnt heard of spi

1980 skidoo blizzard 9500+ 454 l/c with oil injection... i love this sled it is my pride and joy and when i pull up to my freinds on their vintage sleds i cud fkn piss by them on 1 cylinder and it wud piss them off so bad... i just want the best for the machine and i also have another 9500+ which is stock and i want to keep that one stock and make this sled a restored sled not fully i want to make it better and yes i know clutching and gearing and jetting is important. I got all that taken care of the minuit my motor is together again. I dont know if u know the history behind the blizzards but this sled is a fast one and has had a radar of over 97mph and will go more.

·
Registered
572 Posts
go with wiseco. just let it warm upfor awhile before you ride it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.