Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I searched and didn't come up with much so here we are. How do you access the bolt that holds the pitman arm to the bulk head? Is it able to be tightened or do I just have a bit of slop in there forever? I am redoing the front end on the XC and want to get her tightened up....tighter is always better. Replacing all the bushings and some misc. rod ends and what not along with some fresh rattle can on the trailing arms and radius rods.

THe other thing is the upper steering post support....any ideas on how to get the wigggle gone from there. It isn't terrible but it does do a little clunk when you move the bars the right way. Off to the stealership to see if they have a few little parts in stock, which I doubt they do. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mostly it's factory slop in the bushings, I had a set of bushings made to very close tolerances on the bolt and housing, made a huge difference. If you go this method be carefull not to go to tight or you might get seizing and binding.
On the post I found a nylon bushing thin enough to fit in there, I just split it in half, installed it and zip tied it together.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The nylon on the post is good thinking...I should be able to come up with something and as for the custom bushings...nah...it will be far better than it was with the rest of the front end being tighter so I will live with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
This is the best thing you can get to take the slop out of the upper steering post support, its pricey at $50 bucks but its way better than that factory polaris piece of stamped steel.....

http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=25&productID=60

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^I saw that a while back. Putting everything together tonight and will see how it is. Call Guiness...the stealership actually had the slider blocks for the sway bar as well as the part that rivets to the bulkhead in stock. If needed that is a nice piece and greasable as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
What was wrong with your slider blocks? Mine rattle at idle.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the trailing arms off replacing everything else so for the price I figured I would just put new ones in. Mine were pretty worn compared to new ones. The left bulkhead/swaybar mount was in about six pieces so I got one of those as well. The 'ol chassis is working on 9k so it was time to do some front end work.

I am hoping to get it handling/steering a bit better....she was a bit sloppy.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
whitexc said:
I had the trailing arms off replacing everything else so for the price I figured I would just put new ones in. Mine were pretty worn compared to new ones. The left bulkhead/swaybar mount was in about six pieces so I got one of those as well. The 'ol chassis is working on 9k so it was time to do some front end work.

I am hoping to get it handling/steering a bit better....she was a bit sloppy.
Need parts. Contact Polaris1man. He has front end partaking

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have everything...just need to go do it but thanks. How did you do parting the SKS? Make some ching on it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts