Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the conditions like up in Pitt? I think over the last couple of days they were getting snow while we in central and southern NH were getting rain. It is looking like a trip will be the only way to get some snowmobiling in NH.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Wouldn't go yet maybe a few weeks...Too much dirt and open water is what all my buddies that live there said. I was at my house in Bartlett the 24-30 and rode two days on bear notch looks like that may be all I get. Pittsburg didn't even have as much snow as Bear Notch did....and I thought last winter was bad...Anyone wanna buy a sled? haha

·
Registered
707 Posts
Went up fri night. Rained late fri night and all sat am with heavy rain and stopped raining around noon. Temp around 50F ugh. Went out for a ride. Had to trailer to east inlet. Nothing south of that. There was grass at Young's store. Sat night was cold and sun was around 29F. All that water froze. All the trails we rode turned to ice- rock hard. Since I still haven't put my studs in yet my sled ran way warm. Had to try to rip up the trail to cool the heat exchangers. We did about 67 miles for the weekend. How pathetic, but better than sitting around looking at my sled. We saw 2 sleds on sat and 5 on sun.
On the website they say the trails are dirt. That is most trails but not all. The trails in the northeastern part of Pittsburg will be the first to be ridable. They are all ice- under any snow they get this week. We had to venture off onto the small, deadend type trails to find more snow. Higher elevation is your friend here. I would plan on trailering up there. You cannot get into town or get gas.
Hopefully this all changes this week. They received about 2- 3 in on mon with snow flurries expected all week.
Heard Coleman St Park got about 4 in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does anyone know if theres any snow in pitt and farther north? i was planning a trip this weekend but my dad said they have no snow...although their site said trails are open :(. seriously thinking of taking a trip 2 colorado n renting sleds for a weekend!

·
Registered
80 Posts
change of plans im going up next weekend too. i really hope the temp. drops by then, cause ive heard it getting warmer! theres light snow in the forecast now until tues., but nothing more than an inch or two. if anyone knows anything else let us know...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes its cold up there. Check the website. http://www.pittsburgridgerunners.org/
Everything needs to freeze before the snow lands. And that's exactly what's happening.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticTomCat
[br]change of plans im going up next weekend too. i really hope the temp. drops by then, cause ive heard it getting warmer! theres light snow in the forecast now until tues., but nothing more than an inch or two. if anyone knows anything else let us know...
I'll keep an eye out for that sled.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I'm gonna wait to go to Pittsburg. I think I'm gonna ride with tommorows snow first, then in a month or 2 make a trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhhhhhh! Planning a trip up north with my cousin next saturday. However, don't think we're going to be actually in pitt. He is going up Wed. to check out colebrook, CANT FRIGGIN WAIT!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm so excicted the snows finally here, look at this!
Nowcast as of 3:34 PM EST on January 14, 2007

Now
At 330 PM...the National Weather Service Doppler radar located in gray Maine...indicates an area of light snow with some light freezing rain or drizzle over southern New Hampshire as well as southern Maine...and this will continue through the afternoon hours. Additional snow accumulations will be less than an inch. This light wintry precipitation will continue to move south through the rest of the afternoon...causing some slick roadways and walkways. Motorists are urged to slow down and allow extra time to reach their destinations safely.
Show | Hide
Updated: 3:23 PM EST on January 14, 2007
Snow Advisory in effect from 6 am Monday to 6 am EST Tuesday...
[nt_chancesnow]
Tonight
Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows around 15. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 50 percent.
[chancesnow]
Martin Luther King Jr Day
Snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Highs 20 to 25. Light and variable winds...becoming east around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
[nt_chancesnow]
Monday Night
Snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Additional accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows 8 to 13 above. East winds around 10 mph...becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
[chancesnow]
Tuesday
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs 13 to 18. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill values as low as 9 below.
» ZIP Code Detail
[nt_cloudy]
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy. Much colder with lows 9 below to 14 below zero. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill values as low as 34 below after midnight.
[nt_partlycloudy]
Wednesday and Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy. Cold. Highs 5 to 10 above. Lows 5 below to 10 below zero.
[nt_cloudy]
Thursday and Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 20s. Lows around zero.
[nt_chancesnow]
Friday and Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 20s. Lows zero to 5 above zero.
[chancesnow]
Saturday
Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs 15 to 20.
[nt_cloudy]
Saturday Night and Sunday
Mostly cloudy. Lows 5 below to zero. Highs 10 to 15.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Look at the difference already! From yesterday and today. This is a trail cam near a lake in pittsburg. And theres much more to come, total accumulation for this week upwards of 20" winters finally here![attachment=56251]Sunday[attachment=56252]Monday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts