Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Montana only been riding two years. We are looking for a place to ride in southern BC. Have heard alot about revelstoke was wondering if someone can tell me all the good places to ride north of Kalispell.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you might want to check out the nelson and castlegar areas. pretty close to the border, big mountains, and lots of snow. i used to live in castlegar, but unfortunatly, i wasn't into sledding when i lived there. i saw pictures and heard of places like, ladybird, the norns, and grassy mountain. each of these places are supposed to be incredible, and judging by some of the pictures i have seen, i would have to agree. my buddies and i are hoping to make a trip out there this year to check it out as well.

dave m

·
Registered
22 Posts
Revy is fun stuff. I ve been there a few times and its alway deep. The town kicks ass to too. First time I went we stayed at peaks lodge. some thing about that trip ill never forget, .great place and people.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Can't help ya too much about southern BC. There are areas around Fernie but I'm not sure they are worth the drive for you. We go there once in awhile but it doesn't compare to Revelstoke. 4 more hours from Fernie and your at Revelstoke! I'd be interested in hearing more about Castlegar area.

Flange

·
Registered
328 Posts
If i were you i would look at Golden. Its about 45mins away from revelstoke towords calgary. MUCH better weather with just as good if not better riding, its just not as popular as revelstoke because its a quarter the size. I think they have one or two resteraunts a hotel a gas station and a ski doo dealership and thats about all. The other area you could look at is vancouver/whistler. Theres the Ice cap, and some amazing riding around there. Once you decide on where your goin, let me know cause i may be able to go meet you. I live just outside of vancouver and can take as much time as i want off work. I'm looking at revelstoke or Golden in Febuary or March and i'm hopefully going to be riding whistler a lot more. Good Luck

Scott

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[:)]We are heading to Revelstoke we will be staying at the Peaks Lodge. We will get there on the 16th and leave on the 21st of February. Send me a PM if you might be there during that time. We sure could use someone to show us the country. I have only been riding two years but am up for about anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts