Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this in the "ebay rev" thread, it's sitting on a cool dolly, just a T and looks like 3 casters...looks like it works great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42598&item=2441339572

Any body have one like this, and how well does it work?

Already have a 3 piece set with 4 casters on each, but the casters are cheap-a*%, and bend and bined-up. I don't want to shell out for 9 or more good casters at $12.00 each.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can't you jus build your own out of angle iron, nuts and bolts and decent casters, it dosn't look too hard[;)]

·
Registered
101 Posts
BTW decent casters you can get rom a hardware store like ACE for about $4.00 a piece[^]

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I can, but this design looks like it only uses 3 casters instead of 9 to 12 like the 3 peice ones, and would be 70 to 100 dollars cheaper to build.

My garage floor and driveway not exactly like glass, so I'd like to use the good 4" casters...and they are 12.00 each cdn.

·
Registered
777 Posts
thats not a every time out dolly set-up.thats a storage, move it here ,move it there summer thing,
that would be major pain to use after every time out,

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would have to say just put some bigger wheels that would roll over stuff easier and wouldn't bind up as easy! but where would you find a set with big wheels ?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
We are currently building a sled moving dolly right now,it looks and works just like the ones you buy, you put it under the sled and pull down on the handle with one hand and the whole sled comes off the ground and you can pull it around were ever you want, plus it takes the wieght off all the susp for summer storage, they are $180 new and we are bulding them for $30..

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have built a couple of service lift similar to the mar-lift. With casters underneath them you can move them around every where. I even built a scaled down one for my son's Mini-z. I could see if I have the plans still. There is no secret.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hmm my brother made one thats prety nice you just gotta make it good cuz they like to twist and gotta get wheels lined up perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts