Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 ZL600EFI and for this upcomming summer i plan to put a tunnel extension, rail extension and buy a new track. I want my sled to have a 136" track so i could go into powder and just boondock. Im thinking of buying a bigger engine from D&D racing. What would be the best engine to buy that would fit into my ZL. I want to make my snowmobile to grab peoples attension. Im planning of spending 2 or 3 grand on my baby.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
If you're dropping that kind of money...sell it and buy a bigger cc machine. Your ZL is already 8 years old...

If you are going to do it, there's an easy way to drop 3 grand. Tracks USA has an extension kit that includes 136" track, rail extensions, and tunnel extensions for about $425. From there, a 711 bigbore will run you about $2500 and give you 140hp or so. Bam, damn near 3 grand spent at the drop of a hat...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You can buy non current model Crossfires brand new, zero miles, pretty cheap. We ship from MN anywhere in the lower 48 for $399.00

·
Registered
764 Posts
im actually thinking about doing the same thing but finding a zr 800 maybe and longtracking it. IM pretty sure u can fit any zr/zl engine in that chassis. Go to like a zr 800 engine with pipes, reeds, can, efi chip, clutch it. Would be a sick sled.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
I would upgrade to a newer sled, or buy one that is already modded. Sticking that kind of money into a sled like that will bit you in the ass when it comes to resell,and no matter what you do with,its still a ZL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts