Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 indy 500 and due to accident need to replace my skis. I was going to get aftermarket ski and adapter set when someone told me I could use plastic skies from Polaris. Is this true? I have heard of issus regarding clearance with the trailing arm which is resolved by using a newer spindal. Can anyone offer advice or comments to help me out. thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think that plastic skies will work i dont see why they wouldnt....unless there ssomething that does need to be changed im not real familiar with polaris...but i thought that u could....

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have done this,i have a 1991 indy 500 and have put my 1998 rmk700 plastic skies on it with no mods.it works verywell and the weight savings is nice

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a set of first generation plolaris plastic skis (not side hill skis) on my old 95 indy 500 before I got the 800. The only thing I had to do to make it right was replace the spindle with a new style spindle as they are 1" taller. You can run the skis on the old spindle but on rough trails and bumps you will bottom out the tail of the ski on your trailing arms. The new spindle solves this problem but also increases the cost of making this swap. What ever route you do go it is worth while to buy new rubber stops to go under the spindles as yours will probably be shot.

The classic indy is the best bang for the buck as my buddy has close to 7000miles on his 91.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts