http://blog.snowgoer.com/2008/08/28/plastic-suspension-wins-snow-goer-award/

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Cool idea!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I guess you ain't putting on rail extensions, welding cracks or fixing egged out holes tho.

·
Registered
873 Posts
To me that suspension looks like it will hold 2x the amount of snow a normal one will. I'm interested to see how the plastic holds up when all the slush from the heat exchangers falls into the suspension and refreezes overnight.

Chad

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
polarisIQmn said:
To me that suspension looks like it will hold 2x the amount of snow a normal one will. I'm interested to see how the plastic holds up when all the slush from the heat exchangers falls into the suspension and refreezes overnight.

Chad
That's why real sledders make sure their suspension is clean and free to move every morning before taking off again. Or some store their sleds in the warm garage overnite so it can thaw out and be ready to ride the next day. [thumb] Good luck with your's...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
myvertxcape said:
polarisIQmn said:

Chad
That's why real sledders make sure their suspension is clean and free to move every morning before taking off again. Or some store their sleds in the warm garage overnite so it can thaw out and be ready to ride the next day. [thumb] Good luck with your's...
Reminds me of the time I had to leave mine in the river overnight, that was a mess.

Anyways sorry that was a little off topic. I really am actually thinking trying out that skid. I have no doubt it will be able to take some stress (+ I'm not really that hard of a driver). 30 pounds lighter on the skid will be a big improvement..

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah.. For $1300, you could do a lot of other lightening of the sled/driver to lose 30 lbs.

But, if you already have all the titanium stuff, and a turbo, and need to lose 30 more lbs, then this is a must have.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i've seen this skid before on three different sleds. all were yamis, they seemed that they could take a beating, personally i'm skeptical about this skid. seems with low snow conditions it would melt. they do hold quite a bit of snow on the rear end. probly a bit of pam would resolve it?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cool idea, it will be interesting to see how well it works. Pretty soon the newest invention is gonna be bubble wrap body panels, light and used for built in airbags, lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
myvertxcape said:
polarisIQmn said:

Chad
So every morning you make sure that all of the frozen snow is out of your suspension? All of it? You don't just pickup the back end and drop it a couple times like 95% of the people do? When my sled is at my parents place they're all inside of a 60 degree shop, so it melts off fine. Unfortunatly when you're a broke-ass college kid my sled has to sit outside of my house in SD. I don't like it to sit there, but I have no other choice. Don't come at me saying I'm not a real "sledder" because I dont store my sled inside at night.

Chad

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
polarisIQmn said:
myvertxcape said:
polarisIQmn said:

Chad
So every morning you make sure that all of the frozen snow is out of your suspension? All of it? You don't just pickup the back end and drop it a couple times like 95% of the people do? When my sled is at my parents place they're all inside of a 60 degree shop, so it melts off fine. Unfortunatly when you're a broke-ass college kid my sled has to sit outside of my house in SD. I don't like it to sit there, but I have no other choice. Don't come at me saying I'm not a real "sledder" because I dont store my sled inside at night.

Chad
I think what he was trying to get at was, that sledders take care of their sleds by bouncing it and doing what you have to do. Idon't think he was trying to be "mean"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts