Snowmobile Fanatics banner

plastic skis

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  indyrider15 
#1 ·
Hey guys i bought some plastic skis for my 95 indy trail and was wondering if they would fit they are off a 2002 xcsp the guy told us they would fit because the spindles are the same. I think they will but was just thinking about it.

Also how much better are they, are they a smoother ride or not.

#4 ·
Absorb shock more, lighter, easier to turn, more options for carbides, tons and tons of reasons to go plastic.

#7 ·
Redneck13x said:
tdgbigfoot said:
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Absorb shock more, lighter, easier to turn, more options for carbides, tons and tons of reasons to go plastic.
Help slow baby population!
Condoms are rubber... you sure your not talking about your dildo?
that was a little wierd...

Plastic ski's are pretty much all around better. As per all the reasons listed above. Their lighter, glide better, (most) can take a beating, turn better, and absorb shock better.

#12 ·
You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. I had the first set of plastic skis in my area, kicked azz.

#14 ·
Those bottoms are some of the most scuffed I have seen, but the tops look nice and clean.
I saw the full page resolution photo too and see that they have the reinforced saddles (aka, the good saddles). They have taller saddles right were the ski bolt is because the saddle cracked right between the bolt hole and the edge of the saddle on the older styles which didn't have the taller reinforcement.
One thing to check is to make sure the bolt holes aren't egged out/out of round or have lots of slop/freeplay

#15 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Those bottoms are some of the most scuffed I have seen, but the tops look nice and clean.
I saw the full page resolution photo too and see that they have the reinforced saddles (aka, the good saddles). They have taller saddles right were the ski bolt is because the saddle cracked right between the bolt hole and the edge of the saddle on the older styles which didn't have the taller reinforcement.
One thing to check is to make sure the bolt holes aren't egged out/out of round or have lots of slop/freeplay
i wonder if there is some way you could buff out the scratches on the bottom of plastic ski's ? perhaps sand them smoothe and polish them, do they make plastic polish!?!?

#16 ·
The buttoms aren't really that bad in person the skis are pretty nice from being off a 02 xc.
But there are still some scuffs. And do those saddles make them heavier because they are pretty heavy.

#17 ·
I truthfully wouldn't worry about the scuffs on the bottom, it's going to happen. They are on the bottom anyways, so they aren't going to be seen. Your skis don't have any gouges in the edges (which still don't really affect anything) so I would run them with zero worries.

The saddles are metal, they are going to add weight. In 2003, Poo switched to all plastic skis that didn't use the metal mounts, but I've heard of people not liking them. My dad has them with no complaints, and they look even better than the saddled plastic skis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.