Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering using plastic stud backers on my new sled this year. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, good or bad? Any info would be appreciated, including instalation tips and so forth. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have the round diamondbackers on both my sleds. I have had zero problems. Use the kind that still need nylock nuts.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Right, don't use the kind with the nut built in. They key is to not overtorque or undertorque the nuts. I looked at all the stud companies web sites and only 1 gives a torque spec of 35 INCH lbs,so that is what I went by. I have square plastic backers and have had no problems and none of them have turned on me either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have round plastic backers and have had no problem my uncle just went to the plastic backers because the metal backers kept ripping his track.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I didn't have a torque spec either when I installed mine. I just stopped tightening when the stud plate was indented into the track a little. Sort of flush with the track. I haven't had a pullthrough so I guess I did it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts