Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:D]Riding here in North East Oregon has been great all year with close to 100% of average snow fall.

I was out Monday and Tuesday this week and wow. Right now over 12 feet on the ground at all my play spots and Monday's ride was like a January ride, 12 inchs fresh powder with a firm base under it. Tuesday was like a spring ride but snow still good and the sun was out both days. Looking to going again this Saturday or Sunday if the sun is shinning. forcast for later this week is for more snow and cooler temps in the mountains.

I love winter!

I wish all of you that did not have a good winter could come here for just 1 good day and refresh your spirit!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i will ride till all the snow is gone. rode till mem. day last yr.still lots of snow here in eastern wash. 2.but melting fast.maybe i'll trailer up and ride the blues!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Right on, sounds like you are gonna be able to ride for quite a while yet. I am taking my sled apart to add a 151x2" track and other mods to get ready for next season. Happy trails (or hopefully no trails)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[^]
We have had new snow here down to the 3500 foot level for the last 2 days. Total new 9-10 inchs at 6500 feet. The weather man thinks Saturday will be a good day.

I may be thinking of you if I am not having too much fun!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
we just got 4 inches of new stuff in the last 24 on white pass!!that means my riding area got a good dump,it's another good spring!!bar-b-ques & bikinis!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have to build a fence this weekend[:(!]but I should be able to put the boat in the water next weekend. Warm winter didn't make much ice only about 24" on the lake so it should go out early.
If you think of us while your on the hill I'll think of you while I'm kicking back on the deck at the lake
Here is a pic of what I've been doing for the last 4 winters besides riding

Enjoy your riding summer will come to soon.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Yeah I designed it and built it myself. Thats a whole lota project sitting there. Only a couple of outside lights left to hang and a little staining inside and it will be done. Can go riding any weekend I want next season.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
In Alaska it is on Big Lake,
Big Willy I used to be now just a Telecom Engineer.
This summer I will have to post some of the other pics of the inside all wood hardwood floors granite entry etc. Its nicer than my house in town.
Probably a good off topic topic

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'll have to look for it when I'm out there. Our place is on Flat Lake, were on the North side of the lake. Just look for the Maule airplane parked out front, it's tan with brown and orange stripes, the house is up on the hill sort of hidden by trees. I'm going to try and get my pilots lic this year, just need to come up with $5000.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The cabin is on the southern tip of Shepperds Island. As you are heading down the lake for Southport, turn north just past burnt point and it is on the end of the island at the beginning of the channel if you were headed for the north shore campground. (It is where the old white trailer used to be)(everyone seems to know where that is) It would be nice to have a plane but I figure I can have every other toy I ever want for the price.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Big Lake, is that the lake in Wasilla??? Either way very nice place indeed, by the way still good riding at Summit if any Alaskans are interested....watch out for the glacier creek though, it's open and has claimed some unlucky people already!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts