Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a 1987 skidoo mx, in storage for quite a while, now the carbs are very plugged. i took them apart and cleaned what i could but they seem to still be plugged. Some kind of jet or something?
anyways it will idle but if i give it full throttle it will bog and die. And i can only get 6000 rpm out of it(30mph).
where would this jet be that i have to clean out? any other reasons why it does this?
please help

[red]moved to THE SHOP by xltman[/red]

Edited by - xltman on 29 Jan 2002 16:11:36

·
Registered
948 Posts
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.

/polarisman/post_info.asp, line 596

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Oh crap, I lost what I typed when I cut an paste the error message. Crap!!!

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Few questions for you porsche.

What carb(s) does that sled have? Mikuni or Tillotson? What are the color/condition of the spark plugs(wet or dry)?

If you have wet plugs, you may not have a blocked main jet. If you plugs are dry then the main jet could be the culprit.

Assuming Mikuni, when you remove your carb(s), take the float bowl from the bottom of the carb and this should expose the main jet. It will be either a hex shaped brass item with a hole in the middle and a 3 digit number stamped into it or a round/slotted brass fitting with the same numbers in it. Note the number down for future reference when it come time to tune it. The main jet may require removal as it attaches to another sleeve that goes up toward the venturi of the carb. This too may be a removable item that has other pin holes in it.

Also, what did you use to clean the carbs? Any chance you oversized the holes when you pushed something into them? I've done that before and kicked myself for doing that.

Anyway, answer some of those questions above and we might get a better direction to offer more assistance.

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

Edited by - Bman on January 29 2002 4:34:43 PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts