Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to replace both pistons if only one is bad?

·
Registered
699 Posts
i dont believe so but mine as well start fresh on both so theres no chance of the other one goin bad under normal riding conditions

·
Registered
128 Posts
normal driving conditions dont break shit. the guy with the wallet can do what he wants but he really dosent have to. the other cylinder lives in a totally different enviroment and it will be just fine left alone![^]

·
Registered
699 Posts
easy ther blewbyyou we all have are own opions and theres no need to got crazy on me. alright your new here so i am not gonna tell the mod just that we on snowmobile fanatics dont bash brands or others opions alright

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AHH!! lots of testosterone(SP!) here....

To answer the question, if the other piston has good compression, its fine...

·
Registered
172 Posts
If only one piston is bad, you don't need to replace the other. However, you may as well throw a new set of rings on the old piston, then your compression will be like new on both cylinders.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree you don't have to replace the piston, the rings are a great suggestion. First thing I would do though is find out what destroyed the old piston if you already haven't.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yup, I agree that if the piston is ok, leave it, but I'd at least replace the rings. This will help balance the compression between the cylinders.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
What's wrong with putting new rings on an old piston? I see no problems with this. Of course you have to make sure you deglaze the cylinder first........I mean come on, thats a given.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts