Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 xc500 and my headlights, taillights, and all dash lights are barley on i have taken the blue switch apart and it seems good no corrosion or anything, I have also shook every dang wire on the sled looking for a short and nothing i dont know what elst to do any help would be great thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Nope, it just screws with the electrical accessories on your sled. Sounds like that's what your problem is.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Are your lights barely on only while idling? When idling, my lights all flicker and get really dim, but when the engine is revved and pumping lots of juice my lights work fine.
Never really thought about it being the regulator, I will keep my eyes open for a VR if we get a compatible one on a parts sled.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Replace the voltage regulator.
I was under the impression if the voltage reg. was shot it would cause some running issues No?

no its all the time

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Are your lights barely on only while idling? When idling, my lights all flicker and get really dim, but when the engine is revved and pumping lots of juice my lights work fine.
Never really thought about it being the regulator, I will keep my eyes open for a VR if we get a compatible one on a parts sled.
sorry no does it all the time

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok now i have a question I went out and took off my vr to clean up the connections, here is what i didwhen i unpluged the yellow wire out of the harness i did not pay attention to what one of the three holes it came out, so i picked one and when i started the sled same thing no lights, so i unpluged it while it was running and all my lights came on perfect, What do u make of that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
get a new regulator. also, i beleive i remember reading that aftermarket ones werent any good, i think most people say go with an oem polaris one but i could be wrong..
dont rev up the sled without the regulator plugged in, you will blow every bulb in that sled!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i am going to get a oem one I did unplug that wire and didnt know i couldnt rev it up but luckly i did'nt hopefully that will take care of it, i forgot to mention that i got the sled out about a week ago started it up and the lights where fine loaded it up and took it to the car was. After the car was is when the lights stoped working?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Go get a 98 ZRT VR...I had to replace my VR on my 00 XC 600 SP and was told Cat has the strongest of the 4 brands. Popped it in and my lights are more bright when it idles then my buddies 05 xc600 at higher rpms...best money spent.

200912155959139_19621.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
lights will work with no vr, but if you rev it up with the vr unhooked, you will blow every light in the sled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts