Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm having a big problem. I was wondering what kind of handlebar risers would go on my 1999 zrt artic cat 600? If anyone could link me to a site that has some nice handlebar risers for my snowmobile that would be great! The reason why I want them is I have back problems, and I'm pretty tall and I have to lean down to stand up on my snowmobile and it just kills me to do that after a while. I'm not being a wuss or anything I was born with a bad back.

·
Registered
761 Posts
smacks9 said:
Hey, I'm having a big problem. I was wondering what kind of handlebar risers would go on my 1999 zrt artic cat 600? If anyone could link me to a site that has some nice handlebar risers for my snowmobile that would be great! The reason why I want them is I have back problems, and I'm pretty tall and I have to lean down to stand up on my snowmobile and it just kills me to do that after a while. I'm not being a wuss or anything I was born with a bad back.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=3+snowmobile+riser&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

·
Registered
222 Posts
or you can go on denniskirk.com and look. OR you can go on the powermadd website or the RSI website and look at their products and they will give you part numbers and you can go from there. powermadd does not let you buy directly from their site so you have to go to a dealer or dennis kirk.

OR the other route is to make your own. I made a 4" one out of aluminum for my 98 xc 700 and it works great. that way you can make it however tall you want. then just go to powermadd and order throttle cable and brake line extensions. its not too tough. I did my first when I was fifteen. Good luck! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i made my own 6 1/2, didnt even need to extend anything, mine is a little more heavy duty, i used 2 1/4' plates drilled to bolt to the post and the bars, and then used 1/8"x1 1/4 square tubing cut to the height I wanted, and welded it to the plates, quick primer and paint and put it on, and you are on the right track with the tall riser for your back, i have some what of a bad back, that i was also born with, actually almost had to have surgury on it, doesnt bothe rme as much as it used to, but the riser on mine i can ride all day and doesnt hurt hardly at all when i get home

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If you have the money, you can get some adjustable ROX risers. I got them on my F7 and they are pretty bada$$ to say the least. You can keep them low for trail riding so your more comfortable(and your hands don't get so cold), then you can raise them up to 8" for stand-up riding. I highly recommend them. They are the coolest/most versatile risers i've seen/used.

www.roxracing.com

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
will_5 said:
If you have the money, you can get some adjustable ROX risers. I got them on my F7 and they are pretty bada$$ to say the least. You can keep them low for trail riding so your more comfortable(and your hands don't get so cold), then you can raise them up to 8" for stand-up riding. I highly recommend them. They are the coolest/most versatile risers i've seen/used.

www.roxracing.com
I've seen them before but they always looked flimsy to me, like it you hit them they will bend. Any truth to that? Oh and the actual website is: http://www.roxspeedfx.com/

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
will_5 said:

www.roxracing.com
I've seen them before but they always looked flimsy to me, like it you hit them they will bend. Any truth to that? Oh and the actual website is: http://www.roxspeedfx.com/
They are very durable. They are actually more stiff then the solid risers I had on my F7 before. The only thing "Flimsy" with them is if you buy the wrenchless adjusters(which are just threaded levers), they tighten only 'hand-tight' so if you have them all the way up and you hit a really hard bump while your standing up, they'll slide down a bit. What I did was put the wrenchless adjusters on the outside, then on the inside threads I put the 1/2 bolts. That way I just have to loosen 2 bolts instead of 4 and the sliding while standing problem is solved. Plus it looks more 'High-Tech' with the levers on the outside. They are the best risers out there but I still have yet to see another person that has them(in person). All of the other forum members that have them give them two thumbs up also. I've never heard a negative on them.[thumb]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just put the adjustable ones on the boys F5. Haven't got any snow yet to try them out. We switch sleds every now and again and i don't care to ride standing up or with ape hangers so this will be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts