Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED AN ANSWER>............ just bought a 80 citation ss 370, it worked beautiful for about the first 2 weeks... now it will work beautiful for about the first 20-30 min then it just looses all power.... once it cools down its good to go again, up until the point where it get "hot" or something,,... the only thing i have done is mix a tank of gas and replace the same type of plus, fan works fine...... i dont undersnad..... its storming out and i cant leave the yard,,, any ideas on what the problem is..does it have anything to do with the fuel mixture,, im mixing at 50:1 right now.. thats what the previous owner did..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went out again. and when it starts to bog down i took the plugs out and gave pulled it over a few times thinking it was flodded...... it fired right back up ad worked again for about 10 min.. where are those screws ont he carbs suppost to be at? i think its getting to much fuel

·
Registered
948 Posts
What was the condition of the plugs when you pulled them out? Wet/Oily? Also do you have a compression tester that you can test to see if you have a ring problem?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plugs are nice and golden brown when i check them when its running properly, but when it starts to bog out and i have no power they are black and wet, no I have no did a compression test..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts