·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- hurley quit bringin up old topics.

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah i think everyone knows where you are coming from.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We have snow here I guess, so I really have no complaint.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think this year has been very bad for everyone regardless of where they are. It seems like there is less and less snow every year. And when it does snow it is way later than the year before, and less snowfall.

Raceman1

·
Registered
901 Posts
ya ya i got a fair bit of snow but nothing is suppose to really come until end of january, early feb. but thats good cause i got some motor work to do on my xlt right now

·
Registered
893 Posts
no snow for me either man, i can definately relate!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I think the only thing you can do is say when there is snow you will crave the ride. Also i know of a lot of people that are upgrading the family's fleet because there are a lot of sledders that are getting out of the sled and that you can pick up a left over for unreasonably low prices. If this weather continues and we have no snow it will be very bad at least in NY. Sled sales are down which means registrations are down, incorporate last years bad snow and a lot of people held off of registering their sleds. Know the stat is not getting their money which means the clubs don't get their money and our trails are closed. With trails closed businesses struggle. The whole chain effect is devastating. At the same time you are still battling tree huggers.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I am wondering the same, although the sled doesn't cost me anything just sitting there. Last year i bought a sled in january, and then this year we don't have snow, what a way to start out my sledding hobby. It's making me very depressed.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by SnowMan110
[br]El Nino
not global warming

It isn't the end you fools, it's only January 5th
and its 50.. and flooding..

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
[br]El Nino
not global warming

That's right.. BUt, people don't really understand where this happened.

You notice the last years hurricanes were weird? How about the polar ice cap melting. An Ill Nino' hit Antarctica, causing the water to heat up, melting some of the ice caps. Then, the warm water changed the way the hurricanes are, because, of course, hurricanes run off the oceans tempature. The hurricanes control the tempature of the side of the area there on. That is why it's like this. Should be normal soon.. In 1-3 years. DON'T WORRY!

The reason people are still buying new sleds is because:
BRAGGING RIGHTS
When they can ride, they have a nice sled
To stare at it
To listen to it
Just to have a new sled

That's WHY!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
[br]El Nino
not global warming

This struck me as hilarious hahaha

I don't owe anything on my sled, so why sell it?
And I did just buy a sled recently, for watercross [:p]

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Snowmobiling is a sport you need to have a passion for. You have to be the kind of person who could sit on a beach in Florida or Jamaica reading a snowmobile magazine and the kind of person who will be thinking about what mods to do to their sled when its 90 degrees outside.
Its one of those things where you either get it, or you dont. If I have to explain why you should waste money on a sled, you will never understand.
Im going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone else who is going, "wah, wah, wah" this winter.
Sell you sled, go buy whatever you think will make you happy. Then, when it does snow you will be kicking yourself in the butt saying, "I never should have sold my sled".
Believe me, Ive been there and done that!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Hey thus far every mile I put on my Phazer cost me $57.99 to ride. Think that doesn't piss me off? Ohwell, I am passionate about sleddin' so I easily deal with it!

-Skip

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
[br]
My thoughts exactly.

Last winter was one of the best snow years I've ever seen.

Whatever, this is what, the 82389238958943th topic of someone whining about lack of snow posted in the last 3 days? Go post in one of those topics. Everyone is well aware of the lack of snow.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A friend of mine thinks its because of all the activity that NASA is doing. WTFK's what the deal is. But..I read somewhere that NY beat the warm weather record of like 1888 or something. Its a cycle. A cycle that just happens to suck really bad.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
To put the snow drought in perspective a bit I'll relay a few things I heard. Before Christmas, I heard that the average date to get two inches of snow that doesn't melt is on December 22nd. That's in the Minneapolis area. Earlier this week I heard that our average snowfall by Jan. 1st is 5.7". We'd had about three when I heard that. There are a solid 3 months of winter left. It's not over yet! Next week the arctic air rolls in and our odds of getting a decent storm go way up. Around the 15th we're due for "a major snow event." That's a long time from now, but it's coming. I think we have a tendency to just remember the epic snow years and forget the average years. I always hear, "Back in the day the snow was always deeper." Yeah, in some years, but not in others. 96-97 was sick! We had so much snow it was insane, but the two years before that weren't great. We'll get snow here eventually. You guys out East may be screwed this year, but maybe not. If we still have no snow by the second week of March I'll eat my words, but not yet. If it stays like this all winter I might go and buy Al Gore's movie and become a liberal. I've got a lot at stake if it doesn't snow!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well here in alaska we have about 2 feet on the trails and anywhere from 6 to 10 feet in the hills[:D] but last year was pretty lame this year must be a blessing

·
Registered
396 Posts
[br]Next week the cold sets in
bitter, angry cold
thats what i am hoping for, my co-workers down in the Cities think i am nuts when i say i actually LIKE -20F weather. and a few nights of -30F or more is what i am hoping for. i know it brings the white gold.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.