Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a '86 phazer and I was running it lastnight and it wasn't going very good (not that much power) then all of a sudden I started it back up and it made a different sound it was more of a banging sound and it started to run GOOD! it was and everything then all of a sudden it died and it wouldn't pull (too hard) then I guess I loosened it off and it pulled however it was like sputtering and wasn't going very good again. So today we changed the plugs because the old ones were fouled...made it a little better but still not enough power it would only go 60km/h and no more...So we took a comprehsion test one Cylinder had 100 pounds, however the other one has only 35! it's also backfiring ALOT and at first it just spits and sputters until it gets to top speed (60km/h) and it's backfiring alot. Anyone have any ideas?? we were thinking the Seal or Comprehsion ring is gone. If it's something as bad as that we think we're just gonna get our money back. But we hope it's something simpler..ANY IDEAS?!?!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...Oh well it good while it lasted, too expensive to fix we'll just get our money back and look for a new sled. =/...Bad year for sledding for me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
www.sledparts.com is a good place to buy piston kits for snowmobiles their cheap too because there a whol sale place

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ya also if we put it on the stand and rev it up it will go way well over 100Km/h...is that weird? Just when I get on it goes 60km/h...Stupid piston, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts