Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please welcome digatrondirect to the site as the newest SF Supporter. You will find they supply many types of EGT gauges, tachs, etc

Visit their website at www.digatrondirect.com

If you're looking for something from them, get ahold of them on the forum.

Let's all give them a big welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
welcome to the site, and thanks for being a supporter!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Welcome to the site, this guy will be looking for goods this spring..... Gotta see how the stock 600cfi performs before I decide what I need. Gauges will probably be needed in addition to the new rear skid I have planned... Secret Secret....

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what does that cost to do? the advertisement I mean.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thanks. I will see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum!

I like your small digital gages. I might be calling on you in the near future. I have been tinkering with the idea of a temperature gage. For some reason I am just not happy with an idiot light :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]Hey welcome to the forum!

I like your small digital gages. I might be calling on you in the near future. I have been tinkering with the idea of a temperature gage. For some reason I am just not happy with an idiot light :)
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Visit www.digatrondirect.com for more info.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
my brother in law races go karts and they use digitron stuff to monitor rpm, temps etc. those things take a beating and just keep on working, good equipment, welcome to the site

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by xltman
[br]my brother in law races go karts and they use digitron stuff to monitor rpm, temps etc. those things take a beating and just keep on working, good equipment, welcome to the site
Thanks for the comments. Karting is where we started with Digatron. We used a Digatron unit and you are correct... We beat the heck out of it and it always worked. Snowmobiles and Digatron gauges are a perfect combination. Tough environment (on a sled) with dependable electronics, that protect your engine from serious failure.

Thanks Again
Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great question, What a Digatron gauge does is allowing you to monitor the quality of your combustion from a temperature standpoint. As your Air to fuel mixture leans out the combustion temperature raises. And likewise as your Mixture richens the temperature lowers.

You have probably heard of guys melting down their engines for various reasons.... These types of gauges allow you to determine proper air/fuel ratios so you don't run the engine too lean, thus causing a piston failure. Aluminum melts around 1340 degrees, so keeping it well below that is critical. Depending on your use, somewhere between 1150 and 1250 is ideal.

The Digatron gauges are designed to record the parameters of your engine and allow you to review them on the gauge and/or download the data to a PC for analysis.
Their are built in warning lights and limits that you can program into the gauge to give you a visual warning if a problem presents itself.

Things like Altitude, Fuel quality, ignition and clogged carburetors or injectors among others can cause a lean condition.

The Digatron gauge gives you the information you need to head off a potential problem. Not to say it is a cure against meltdown... It is a tool which gives you the information you need to make your informed fueling decisions.

Hope this helps.
It is a brief outline of why to use an EGT gauge.
I am sure other SF guys have more to add.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mountian and trail riders use this too. Meltdown is not strictly a racing issue... ALL sleds, no matter how they are used, are prone to this. Many hunbdreds sometimes in the thousands of dollars and lost riding days later.... All it takes is one meltdown and anyone would say "I should have had a gauge on it".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts