Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in SE WI (Milwaukee) we get slammed with this powerful snowstorm (up to 13.7"). And all of the trail systems near the areas with he most accumulation are CLOSED?!?

Waukesha, Racine, Kenosha, Ozaukee, and Washington County Trails are all Closed. I'm going nuts, I want to go sleddin!!!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
We had the same thing last year. Got around 2 plus feet right on the middle of hunting season and the holidays. As soon as the trails were open it warmed up!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]all trails are closed till the calender winter starts i believe in wi
December 1st is the first day trails are allowed to be open in WI. So any of you in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area be sure to let us know when the trails are open...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Over here in Mukwonago, My neighbor has several hundred acre's right next to My house. I got home at 1:00 p.m. Plowed the drive and put 9 mile's on "da Prowla" already. Now I got to run to the gas station, and get gas for the ElTigger!
I'll have that one on the snow by 4:00
Rick

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
around here none of the trails are even marked yet

but heres a link for with trail systems
http://www.travelwisconsin.com/search/SnowConditionReport.html#Snowmobiling+Conditions

·
Registered
317 Posts
at least you all got snow we have 1" if that...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Some countys open there trails today. im not shure about over there though. I hope they do as i want to trailer over there sunday as it is only abourt hour and a half or so to decent snow. It snowed like heck about 45 min away but we didnt even get a flurrie. Im kinda mad

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
13 miles on Da Prowla, 5 miles on the Tigger, started to run low on oil in the Tigger so I had to put some more on Da Prowla. Damn that powder is a Workout, in the 20's and I was sweating like a stuck pig. It's Great to have neighbor's with Lot's of open land!
Rick

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
go ditch banging.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
thats all you can do. NO trails in waukesha county (oconocomowoc as sled 650 said) are open. all trails are closed and will remain closed until atleast the 10th. just call the DNR or the local snowmobile club to find out

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well by the time the antlerless deer hunt ends and trails could open on Monday (12-11-06) we are going to be in the middle of a warm front, near 40 degree temps and chance of rain! Old Man Winter sure has a piss-poor sense of timing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts