Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got a bunch of free plugs from a friend who was cleaning out his garage there all NGK and new in box anyway there mostly B9es, my sled i know runs on Br9es, I think that my plus is a resistor plug while these aren't are these still classified as the same heat range(as far as i know they are). If i run this plugs since they aren't resistor plugs from what i know will they cause ignition damage? Anythoughts? if i can't use them i'll save them and guess i'll have to buy a toy that uses them[V] [:p]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same heat range..just not resistor. Unless you are running an efi or some sled with electronics it shouldn't hurt to use them.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Just to let you know though, if you run with any kind of communicators or radios your gonna get nothing but interference from the non-resistor plugs, or when you pass someone else on the trail and they have radios there gonna get a earful of electronic whine and static.

·
Registered
19 Posts
DO NOT RUN THEM!!!
IT WILL WRECK YOUR CDI, YOUR CDI IS A 3D CDI, UNLIKE THE GUY THAT WAS TELLIN YOU TO RUN THEM, HIS SLED HAS A 2D, AND ON HIS IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not to steal your topic Brendan, but RX turbo, Could you explain the difference between 2d & 3d CDI. Other than radio suppression, I was under the impression that the resistor was there to increase your kilovolts for a more complete (and therefore cleaner) burn. Just want to learn more and don't want to give out wrong information. Sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts