Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure what type of Spark plugs i should use in my 93'Indy 440 LC I usually was an NGK fan but theere are so many types these days I dont know what would be best for me. I do alot of aggresive driving if that makes a differnce.
Here she is before i cleaned it up this fall.[attachment=49333]
Any imput is welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
I know the 440 indy fans take BR9ES but i also know that some of the L/C polaris' also use BR9ES. thats my best guess.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
br9es or br8es work fine, dont ever put iriduims in it i tried them once cause they were free gapped them right it ran fine but would not idle.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_dsmer
[br]br9es or br8es work fine, dont ever put iriduims in it i tried them once cause they were free gapped them right it ran fine but would not idle.
Do not run BR8ES, Unless it was in a book for that sled that you could, don't. BR9ES or RN2C is the plug you want.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i should run BR9ES THEN, in the ngk plug book it says BR8ES but everyone says br9es so what is it then???
Oh nice to see someone else on here from the Maritimes!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
my book said br8es are fine i dont think i ever ran them tho

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Boys I guess Ill run a BR9ES then,and what do they have to gapped at or should i just throw them in out of the package.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Just throw them in and let er rip

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
According to the Polaris parts diagram, your '93 Indy 440 L/C calls for Champion RN3C's.
The nearest crossover in the NGK's is BR8ES.

ALWAYS check the gap before putting them in.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by ACEXLT
[br]According to the Polaris parts diagram, your '93 Indy 440 L/C calls for Champion RN3C's.
The nearest crossover in the NGK's is BR8ES.

ALWAYS check the gap before putting them in.
There ya go! So now we know excatly what you need to run.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys, Ill pick up some BR8ES's then
But say I did run BR9ES what would or could happen.

·
Registered
276 Posts
br8es run a little bit hoter thats all they are pretty much the same plug. the only time that it would really matter is if ur sled was really moded out and finiky.I run both in my rev 600.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts