Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a buddys ford and the plugs need to be changed but we cant find them any where! if anyone knows where they are please let me know

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
They are under the valve covers assuming its a 4.6 or 5.4.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
INDY400MOD said:
Follow the spark plug wires from the distributor.
Thats if its one of the older F-150s. If it's a 97+ its got a coil pack, not distributor.

4.6 or 5.4. Valve cover is bolted on by 2 bolts. Remove that, and the plugs are right there. They can be a real pain without the right extensions and what-not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it under a silver bar looking thing? that has four thing going down to the cyclender on each side? Ans there are plastic things and connect to them?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
This might help,the plugs are down in the cylinder and have a black cap over them.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/100/article/How_To_Change_Spark_Plugs_on_46__54_Liter_F150s.html

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
sledcrusher said:
INDY400MOD said:
Follow the spark plug wires from the distributor.
Thats if its one of the older F-150s. If it's a 97+ its got a coil pack, not distributor.

4.6 or 5.4. Valve cover is bolted on by 2 bolts. Remove that, and the plugs are right there. They can be a real pain without the right extensions and what-not.
I have a 98 4.6 and my plugs are not "under" the valve cover. The plug boots can be a pain in the neck to pull out though! Not a whole lot of room to get your hands in there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Plugs are under the ignition coils (coil on plug) right at the top of the valve covers. a small bolt holds on each coil, undo the bolt, pull the coil and the rubber boot out and the plugs are way down in there. need a long extension to get to them. Make sure the motor is cold when you take them out, and be careful not to strip the threads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts