Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sled will not run idle i pulled the plugs and seen one was wet and one was dry put in two new ones figuring that would solve it but it didn't the new plug on the right side...opposit of the clutch is still wet i started it and ran it when it was blocked up and then pulled the plugs that one was still wet and white smoke was coming out of the hole where the plug goes. got any ideas???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check to see if you have good spark on the bad cylinder with a new plug. If you don't,check your spark plug wire end cap on the bad cylinder. It should be no more than 5000 ohm resistance through it.
If you have good spark on both cylinders, then you better look at the carburetor on the bad side. You likely have a bad needle and seat assembly allowing way to much fuel to go to the cylinder, fouling out the plug.
If both of these areas are good, then your fuel pump may have a pinhole in the diaphragm allowing the clyinder to suck fuel directly into the crankcase.
Hope this helps, and relax. These are all inexpensive repairs.
Good luck

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just finished reading some of your other forum questions. When you clean the carbs you should change the needle and seats if possible instead of cleaning them. They are inexpensive, and with a machine that age they likely have grooves worn in them that won't seal properly no matter how much you clean them.
Does your sled have 1 ignition coil, or 2? I'm not 100% familiar with your model. If it has 2, try swapping the coils around, and see if the bad cylinder changes to the other side( follows the coil ). If it changes, the get a new coil to replace the bad one.
If none of this still works,and your carbs are properly synchronized( I'm assuming they are. It's hard to get so bad that 1 cylinder will shut down )then I suggest you have the engine pressure/vacuum tested. You may have a bad crankcase seal on that side.
Just remember to test in sequence from simple to complex. Start with simple spark problems, then advance through carburetor problems, then fuel pump, then case seals.
Good luck.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got her fixxed a screw or jet or sumtin came unscrewed in the carb and jammed the float all is good now...thanks a lot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts