Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Does any one use pod filters like K&N's if so do you recomend them i want to place them on my RMK. will the powder affect them as long as I use the prefilters?
Also is there any other brand that i can use instead of K&N because they are very high priced for this application for the amount of gain you recieve.

The main reasoning for them is to eliminate the powder from clogging up the prefilter on the air box ontop of the guage cluster and suffacation the motor. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
They work great as long as you feed them fresh, cold air. Otherwise they just suck hot under-hood air which will hurt performance. Prefilters are needed if theres a chance of powder getting on them. I know kickazz filters don't use prefilters. I was going to go with them but them I cuoldnt find any angled ones.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
larsenracing get some flowrites from SLP and put those in your dash, you get a lot more air with no powder ice up!!

DW

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thoes look like a great idea Dan. Im not around my sled but i will look at this as an option to see if i can make it fit somewhere. can you tell my of hand am i right that the air box suck from the hole guage pod right. It is sealed off underneeth. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts