Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an electric face shield and want to know the best place to connect to. Headlight circuit?? The instruction say not into the hand/thumb warmer circuit. I have GenII style an have a couple unused connectors in by the headlights. Which color is hot and which is ground? Also looking for ideas on a good spot to mount plug on sled.THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i dont know where to plug it in butthe jack for my sled is run under the plastic up the handle bars and comes out right beside the hi/low headlight control. seems like a good place its high and closer to the helmet so i dont think the wire would get pulled on by anything

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I tried the voltage regulator on my GenII sled. The chassis style has little to do with where you can wire the faceshield into IMO. I wasn't happy with the connection there. i felt like I wasn't getting enough voltage when the sled was idling and the shield would fog up. So, i wired it directly to the battery. If you don't have a battery, and it sounds like you may not, I would try the handwarmers or the headlight. Use a voltmeter to determine what's hot. Most guys I asked about it still recommend the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I went out and took a good look at the sled. The place I want to mount the plug is on the console to the left of the choke. That leaves the headlight circuit out because I would have to splice more wiring in and have a nightmare of running it all the way back. I have The Polaris service manual for my sled and the damn thing doesn't mention anything about the voltage regulator. It is on the wiring diagram though. Am I correct in assuming that the regulator is mounted on the opposite side of the right footwell inside the engine compartment??

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That's where my voltage regulator is mounted. Right side behind footwell.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
On my ZRT I put it into the same place, behind the right foot well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts