Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ey guys we bought a 1995 indy special 600 triple , runs great starts good (little fuel leak) but i have heard that there is a tendency for the crancks to seeze on theese sleds I dunno if its true because i know they have added a new oil line to the crank on newer sleds but im not too sure if the 95 has it or not , We've been a little worried cause our skidoo formula st 470 just all of a sudden just wouldnt turnover and seezed so we dont want this to happen to the polaris so any tips thanks for the help . [thumb]

[Bevis]

· Registered
1,136 Posts
The 95 and 96 and maybe some 97 or newer had a tendency to blow PTO side (clutch side) bearings because it didnt have an oil line to that side. Some go for many miles with no problems and some go at low miles. I had a 96 but sold it within a month because i didnt want to have to worry about blowing the motor! Personally i wouldnt keep it but its up to you.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
some late production 1996 and all 1997+ xlt motors have the 4th oil line feeding the PTO bearing.

Little fuel leak? I'd get that fixed. not only are you losing fuel, but it creates a fire hazard.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
I had a 95 XLT x-tra 12 with SLP pipes on it, never had any trouble, and the guy I sold it to hasn't had any trouble. It's like Indy SKS stated some had trouble (human error,IMO) and some didn't.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Think about it for a minute.. If it made it 15 years already, I hardly think that's going to be a problem now.

But then again, those sleds and motors are cheep enough to replace, don't worry about it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.