Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knew the reason one of the carbs would leak gas out a little hole at the bottom?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Float is too high.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A tiny peice of sh!t is not letting the needle valve close, or the needle+seat is worn. Would also check the choke plungers for dirt, if that model has a choke? ARCTIC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question 4 u guys is there any way to mod/enhance this old beast id like to find a way to widen the ski's and maybee tweak it up just a notch not sure what i can achieve with this, but im not willing to let this charm go to waste it sits on 1,000 miles and is little bumpy and is missing one of the polaris parts on the sled but way clean no rust. My dream is to turn heads with it, and you guys seem as crazy as my talk so...... any help out there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the choke is really tough on the carb thats leaking, could that be the issue? otherwise im not sure i cleaned most of it out but without taking it all the way apart and most likely not getting it back together right im not sure.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
There are spreader plates that you can add to the top of the springs of the skis to make it wider and to aid in turning. These are available from any aftermarket dealer.
Missing parts (shocks) should be replaced.

Is that 295 a free air or fan twin or a single cyl.?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
free air , think im going to head out to arts parts and get a new carb 4 it just doesn't seem right, and im going to head down to the local guy over here and see what i can gather up for these spreader plates that would be great !!!

p.s. ill get some pictures of the old beast up in a few hours for you guys helping me to see, lol thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cleaning carbs used to scare me, but there really isnt that much to a mikuni. Walbro, and tillotson still make me uneasy, though. To clean/replace the needle inlet valve is pretty easy. Take your time and Good luck with it. ARCTIC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys heres the new issue the slides will not drop all the way the sled starts like a charm no and no gas out of the bottom, but those sleeves will not go down and its not a dirt issue theres a good gap there ! The pins i can set into them without the sleeves so i know the drop all the way. most of you already know this but they are mikuni carbs so its not like they'll go in wrong, erg help im gonna blow it up soon !!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
If those slides do not fall all the way down, that motor will rev up like youre giving it throttle (and possibly take off without you on it)! I would pull off the belt if you think this is your prob. Also, there will be slack in the throttle cable, you'll notice right away at the throttle thumb handle. Now, if the throttle cable looks and feels right, the slides are ok. Be careful- This has happened to me when I didnt get the slide in correctly, Luckily I was able to jump on the sled and kill the motor, or she'd be sittin in my neighbors basement![xx(] ARCTIC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have it parked up to my garage door right now i just don't get it there is a pin there that makes sure it goes in right but the one doesn't go down all the way i dont understand what would stop it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the cap is broke on the one you think maybee there's not enough length in the cord and the slide cannot go down further maybee?
otherwise i dunno im just going to replace that carb and cable because its just crazy its either going or not going and it sucks, lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Vintage sleds are FUN! right? lol. I get frustrated too, and have just walked away- pissed off! But i always come back, kinda sounds like me and the wife, lol. I gotta get some work done here- good luck, ARCTIC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i got angry sold the sled to a friend after we got it fixed, but then i just broke down and went out and bought a 94 indy trail, and got a aluminum trailer in the deal paid dirt cheap nice sled gonna put studs in it and go up north with this baby soon. Anyone have some thoughts on what I should do for small things help make this trail sled little more chipper. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
A clutch kit is the cheapest and most productive thing you can do to it.
There is not much else that you can to to that motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts