Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past winter I purchased a Polaris 4 stroke

http://www.polarisindustries.com/pr...FRONTIERTOURING

I really like the sled but there is a intermitent bug that occurs with the ignition or something or other.. After the machine is warmed up -about 10 miles or so- then at times the engine will tend to stall and run on only one cylinder and the headlight will go off by itself.. I've taken the sled to my dealer about 3 times but this problem keep occurring.. Like i stated it is an intermittent problem but still very annoying when it does occur.. Can anyone advise me on this? It is still under warranty.. Advice is appreciated.. Does polaris have a toll free # where I can voice my concern?

·
Registered
331 Posts
sounds like a coil problem...not that I am a mechanic or anything, so it is just my opinion....does it work again when the sled 'cools off'?
.....or, what makes it work correctly again?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes when it is stalling with the one cylinder I can play around with the throttle and it will recover back to two cylinders..

The headlight will go out when the idling gets to low and normally it is doing the one cylinder thing.. If I shut off the ignition key and let all of the indicator lights go off and then restart the machine the headlight will come back on.. I know that polaris has had other complaints with this issue.. I'll be taking it back to the dealership again and if it isn't resolved then I may resort to the State of Maine's "Lemon Law" (10 M.R.S.A. && 1161-1169)

Does Polaris have a toll free # that I can call?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toll free #..??? I can't find any phone #'s or addresses for polaris on that website.. you must have far better eyes than me.. I think I'll make an eye doctor appt today...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
This is straight from the site....

Mailing Address:
Polaris Industries Inc.
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340

Phone: 763-417-8650
To find a dealer near you: Call 1-800-POLARIS or visit our online Dealer Locator.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You might want to do that...but I'll save you the trouble of finding it yourself...

Mailing Address:
Polaris Industries Inc.
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340

Phone: 763-417-8650

From: http://www.polarisindustries.com/askPolaris/ContactUS/default.asp?tipType=contact

·
Registered
190 Posts
4stroke,

How do you like the sled ? I'm curious and haven't heard any feedback from a 4 stroke sled owner. How does it compare to other 2 strokes [?] Other than this problem, have there been other issues [?]

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts